Terms & Conditions – Currys Peak Event (the “Promotion”)
Promoter: Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- This promotion is open to residents of UK, Isle of Man and Channel Island, aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of tpf – The Promotions Factory and any Sky UK Limited (“Sky”), companies associated with the promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the promotion.
- This Promotion opens at 09:00 on Thursday 19th October 2023 and all entries must be received by 16:00 on Thursday 19th October 2023 (the “Promotional Period”).
- All prize draw entries must be received by the Promoter by the closing dates. All prize draw entries received after the closing dates will be automatically disqualified.
- No purchase necessary. Online entry required. To enter this Promotion, all you need to do is register your details, by scanning the QR code on the stand.
- A maximum of 1 entry per person over the Promotional Period.
- Entries sent in through agents, third parties’ websites or multiple accounts will be disqualified. Invalid, incomplete, misdirected or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified. Promotion of entries through third party websites other than the host website is prohibited and will be monitored. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met and the right to select a replacement entry into the prize draw element of the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for prize draw entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, because of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- The Promoter will not accept prize draw entries that are automatically generated by computer using ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, completed by third parties or in bulk, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with or in the sole judgment of the Promoter, infringe on third party rights or are unsuitable for publication. Any breach of this clause will void any prize award.
- In entering the prizes draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim a prize.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants acknowledge that their details will meet criteria outlined in clause 1 and 2. The Promoter will discuss the criteria with the winners during the correspondence to verify eligibility and reserves the right to disqualify those that do not meet the required criteria and select an alternate winner. It is the responsibility of entrants to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the Promotion and accepting a prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
Winner Selection and notification
- There will be 3 winner(s) for this promotion who will be selected at random by a random computer-generated draw from all qualifying entries during the promotional period. The winner will be chosen on or around Monday 23rd October 2023 from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The winner will be notified by phone and email by Thursday 26th October 2023.
- The Promotions Factory will contact the winners on stated dates in clause 12 via email or the phone number given at entry, to confirm they have won and request the following additional information:
- Confirmation that they would like to accept the prize
- Confirmation of their age and that they are eligible to accept the prize
- Confirmation on the delivery address for the prize
- If the winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- Each winner will receive the following prize:
- 1 x Sky Stream pucks with a Sky Ultimate TV subscription (consisting of Sky Entertainment and Netflix basic) Sky Sports & Sky Cinema subscriptions for 12 months
- The following terms shall apply to the Prize (the “Prize Conditions”):
- All services on Sky Stream are streamed via broadband, a minimum download speed of 35Mbps is required to use the Prize in full.
- Only one Sky TV subscription can be provided at an address. If the winner is an existing Sky TV customer and has Sky Glass, Sky Q or Sky+, they will need to cancel any existing Sky TV subscription in order to benefit from the new Sky TV subscription at no cost. We will bill the winner for their existing Sky TV subscription until the new Sky Stream TV subscription is activated. Sky Q customers will need to send back their Sky Q boxes within 60 days of receiving your Sky Stream puck otherwise they may be charged a non returns charge. Third party subscriptions not paid for via Sky but viewed on Sky Glass, Sky Q or Sky + will not be automatically viewable on your Sky Stream puck – you will have to log back in. Recordings on Sky Glass, Sky Q or Sky+ will not automatically transfer. If winners have Disney+ or Spotify via Sky, these will not automatically transfer to Sky Stream and winners will need to sign up directly to each via Apps Marketplace on Sky Stream.
- For 12 months, the winner will get their Sky TV subscription(s), via their Sky Stream Puck for no charge. Sky Ultimate TV is provided on a monthly rolling contract and can be cancelled at any time on 31 days’ notice. Ending your Sky Ultimate TV subscription will end your offer period. After your 12 month offer period, all Sky TV subscriptions will become chargeable at their then standard price, unless you change or cancel your package, giving Sky at least 31 days’ notice. Standard subscription prices may change. Please refer to www.sky.com for current pricing.
- You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man to win this Prize.
- The Prize does not include:
- A broadband subscription. All content via your Sky Stream pucks is streamed so you must have broadband download speeds of at least 35Mpbs to use all the elements of this Prize;
- Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view services and events all of which if offered via Sky Stream will be chargeable at the current standard price
- Additional Sky Stream pucks and the Whole Home subscription will allow you to watch Sky TV on multiple TVs with a compatible HDMI port.
- Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
- If you do not activate within 14 days of receiving your Sky Stream pucks, we will automatically activate it for you and your Sky TV subscriptions will start from activation.
- Winners must redeem the prize within a year. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
- Prize winner(s) will be loaned the Sky Stream puck at no cost. The winner may be required to pay an upfront charge for set up. The Sky Stream puck will need to be returned to Sky within 60 days of the winner leaving Sky TV, otherwise the winner may be charged a non-returns charge.
- The winner will need to set up a Sky account either online at sky.com or via the MySky app in order to manage their account. Email address required for account login and for Sky to keep in touch about the service.
- The prize does not include any other service or item not specifically described above.
- Any entrant data collected will be used for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winners to notify them of the prize and, if you are the winner, we may pass them on to third parties to deliver the prize.
- If you are a winner of the Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your surname, county and winning entry for post-event publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The terms and conditions of any other third-party supplier associated with the Promotion will also apply to the prize where applicable (for example, the provider of an event or experience). If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this promotion.
Promoter: Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.